Another easy way to add some style to the text you cut with your laser is to curve the text or put it on a slight arc.
- Type out your text.
- Right click on the text and choose, “Outline.”
- Alternatively, you can click on your text and press CTRL+SHIFT+O
- Go to Pathfinder > Unite to make all of the text shapes connect as one shape.
- Go to Effects > Warp > Arc and choose the amount of curve you’d like. There are many other effects here you can play with as well.
- You will find multiple effects that you can shape, such as bulge, fisheye, flag, etc.
- Object > Expand Appearance converts your newly shaped text to a shape you can then save as an SVG or PDF to cut on your Glowforge or other laser.